Monday, October 22, 2012

"To Mom or Not to Mom?"

It's almost Halloween -- and what a treat for the ALI community! 

Two strong and stellar voices in our community are exploring questions about infertilty, motherhood and "the Silent Sorority" this week from very different viewpoints:  Keiko Zoll of The Infertility Voice is newly pregnant via donor egg, and Pamela Mahoney Tsigdinos of Silent Sorority is, like me, living childless/free after infertility.

Every day this week, Pamela & Keiko will both be posting in point/counterpoint style on a different topic related to infertility and how we make the transition to parenting -- or not -- culminating in an open Twitter discussion this Friday, Oct. 26th, at 12:30 p.m. EDT -- #ALIMomSalon and wrapup posts on both blogs.  (I am not on Twitter but am seriously considering getting an account just so I can follow...!)

The first posts are up now!  Read them both, weigh in with comments, and/or consider blogging a response on your own blog. : )

Pamela's post
Keiko's post

4 comments:

  1. Will check it out, thank you for mentioning this.
    I'm not on twitter either, but I follow some twitter feeds with my reader. Not sure if that works for a conversation, but I think you can search the # flag on the twitter site.
    (So I think you can get by without an account. If you were concerned about privacy, but still want to sign up, consider using not the same email address for everything)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Loribeth, for spreading the word and participating in our discussions. You have so much wisdom to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for spreading the word, Loribeth! Your comments have been stellar. I'm so glad to see this conversation getting the airtime it deserves :) I hope you'll join us, if not on Twitter, but also by weighing in with any kind of response posts of your own!

    Cheers,
    ~Keiko The Infertility Voice

    ReplyDelete