Monday, January 19, 2015
#MicroblogMondays: Six months
* I LOVE sleeping in. ;) I do NOT miss the 4:50 a.m. wake-up alarm AT ALL.
* I am grateful that I don't have to leave the house and stand on the commuter train platform on frigid mornings when the snow has piled up overnight (and the trains are delayed as a result... :p ).
* I don't miss the stress of work. At all.
* I do miss my co-workers. (Well, some of them, lol.) Not having kids ( = meeting other parents) and working/commuting 10-11 hours a day, we don't have a lot of local friends. And of course, most of the people we do know are working.
* We have saved a bundle of money in transit costs, lunches and coffee/tea alone.
* I love having the freedom to do what we want, when we want.
* It's great to be able to go to the mall on a weekday afternoon when it's not as crowded and busy.
* I loved our daily walks during the summer and fall months (and I especially loved the 10+ pounds I lost as a result).
* I miss those walks now that the weather isn't cooperating. :(
* Daytime TV is a wasteland. :p
* I hate to admit it, but now with the busy-ness excitement of Christmas season and my birthday behind us, and sub-zero temperatures outside, we're going a bit stir crazy.
* We're going to investigate the local rec centre, which includes an indoor track, swimming pool and fitness classes, including yoga (which I have missed). (And by posting this in my blog, perhaps I'll be more likely to follow through, lol.)
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.