Monday, October 12, 2015
In keeping with the spirit of the day, here are a few of the things I'm thankful for in my life right now. (I published a similar list for my #MicroblogMondays post this time last year. ;) )
* Gorgeous weather this weekend -- sunshine & temps in the 18-22C/65-72F range. (I was tempted to bring my capris back out from the closet!)
* A wonderful dh, who often spoils me rotten. ;)
* An amazing extended family that loves and supports us.
* An invitation from BIL & SIL for turkey dinner tonight. :) (With my family so far away, dh's dad remarried & his brother often at his inlaws, we are often left at loose ends on holidays like this, so we appreciate being included.)
* The freedom to enjoy this lovely time of year. (October through December was always our busiest time of year at work = year end.)
* Retirement. :) It came earlier than I had planned or expected (i.e., not my choice), but nevertheless we think it will work out OK. :)
* A comfortable home with plenty of good food to eat and lots of books to read. :)
* Getting some stuff done around the house that we've been talking about doing for ages.
* The great good fortune to be born & raised in this amazing country.
* The democratic privilege of being able to vote next week (even if the election process and politicians drive us nuts at times...!).
* Wonderful friends, in real life (near & far) and online. You have enriched my life enormously!
What are you thankful for right now?
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.