Wednesday, December 16, 2015

1,000!!!

This post marks a major, major milestone for me and for this blog. This is my 1,000th post!!!

1,000 posts in a little over 8 years -- that's pretty amazing.

Sometimes I find it hard to believe -- that I have been blogging for more than 8 years, that I have written this many posts, that I am still -- at almost 55 years old, 17 years post-stillbirth and more than 14 years post-infertility treatments -- finding things to write about (and in fact, I've written more posts this year than I have since 2008, my first full year of blogging).

Granted, I have gradually started writing about more than just loss & infertility. I also write about the books I've read (whether or not they're ALI-related), current events, things that have been happening in my life (renovations, new appliances, etc.).  My blog, my rules, lol.

But the vast majority of my posts (still) have at least some sort of an ALI/childless living angle to them. Which goes to show you coping with grief is a lifelong process, and that the effects of infertility & loss can linger long after the funeral is over and the treatment ends. 

But I hope my continued blogging also demonstrates that, even when you walk away from ttc without a baby, it's not the end.  It's only just the beginning of something new and different. You can still have a good life, even if it's not the one you thought you'd be leading. And it does get easier in time.

Love & (((hugs))) to all of you who are on this road less travelled with me. You are definitely not alone!

11 comments:

  1. Very new follower here... Looks like I have a few posts to catch up on.
    I struggle to string together a reply to a post sometimes so I really admire the milestone you have reached. Congratulations... Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the 1000th post!
    I love travelling on the road less travelled together with you.
    lots of love from sLOVEnia,
    Klara

    ReplyDelete
  3. A huge congratulations on achieving such a big milestone. The post ones are more impressive than the time ones. I mean, if a person only writes once a month and then says they've written for 8 years, it's very different from someone who has produced 1000 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What an incredible accomplishment. I, for one, am very thankful that you've been putting yourself out there for these last eight years, helping people like me better understand what it's like to walk along the road less traveled, and leaving guidepost for those who come after you on that road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Loribeth! Wow, that's quite an accomplishment! I'm so glad you're here, and I will certainly be reading as long as you are writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, WOW! 1000 posts is a phenomenal achievement, and you should rightly be very proud of yourself. In fact, I think a drink is in order. So I'm going to toast you, Loribeth, and thank you for your wisdom, your kindness and good heart, your honesty, your presence here on the road less travelled, and your wonderful example that there is life after infertility and loss. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 1,000th post! That's a pretty big accomplishment, thanks for sharing your story and thoughts with us! It is indeed wonderful to know we are not along :)

    ReplyDelete