Monday, September 26, 2016

#MicroblogMondays: Ready or not...

The wedding is this coming weekend.

I've already dusted off my speechwriter's hat and helped BIL craft his father of the groom speech, and sniffled my way through reviewing a draft of Younger Nephew's best man speech. I've admired the groom's new suit and gulped as I imagined him in it, standing at the altar, waiting for his bride.

How did he grow up so quickly?

(I've been trying not to imagine what his cousin would have looked like in her bridesmaid dress, and how scarily grown up SHE would have been right now too.) 

I've had my dress & earrings since last March, and have assembled shoes, flipflops, an evening bag, waterproof mascara & other cosmetics to go with it. I've also bought five different bracelets (I'm not joking) and will decide at the last minute which one will be the perfect one to wear. I've satisfied myself that dh's suit doesn't need cleaning and that he has a clean dress shirt and suitable tie and shoes.

I'm taking my regular point-and-shoot camera along with my cellphone camera, but I still have to charge my camera batteries & make sure I have a backup memory card. I have taken thousands of photos of these two boys as they've grown up, and even though there will be professional photographers there, I'm not about to stop now, on this day of all days. ;)  And I need to put together a bag with all the essentials -- epi-pen, ibuprofen, Q-Tips, hairspray...

It's an outdoor ceremony, so please cross your fingers that the weather holds...!

I can't believe it's finally here.

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here   

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting! I can't believe it's already here. You sound SO prepared...it's going to be great! I will be thinking hard on the good weather front. Amazing how time just flies on by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for beautiful weather!

    You are an amazing aunt and your nephews are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you. And know it will be bittersweet at times, so sending a hug too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that did come fast! May it is a sunny day and a wonderful one to boot. Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo I hope you get some beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending so many good thoughts for perfect weather.

    That is really exciting! You know, the thing I loved most from our wedding were the pictures my sister took and put together for us in a small album. It took a while to get the photos back from the photographer, and we had the ones she took that day.

    ReplyDelete