Monday, May 15, 2017

#MicroblogMondays: Voldemort Day/weekend recap

*  Voldemort Day is over. TGIM! ;)
* Thankfully, it was not as bad as some years. My usual strategy is to hide out at the movies, and my choice this year was "Snatched" with Amy Schumer & Goldie Hawn -- admittedly, a mother-daughter movie, but what a pairing!! It won't win any Oscars but it was mindless fun. (Bonus!:  It was also far less busy at the theatre than it sometimes is -- lots of parking & minimal lineups for tickets & popcorn.)
* I am back to eating popcorn (yay!!), after avoiding it while my endless dental work was underway. :p
* Yes, I wore my new necklace. :)
* Unfortunately, I was in a lot of discomfort all day with midcycle cramping & bloating/mittelschmerz. (It's better today, though still not 100%.)  When oh when will Aunt Flo finally give up the ghost??!!
*  We washed the patio door/windows, which hadn't been done all winter. It wasn't a professional job by any means, but it looks so much better than it did!
*  It's 19C right now and supposed to be 29C by Wednesday!!  Looking forward to (finally!) dusting off my capris & sandals! ;)  (Just in time for the Victoria Day long weekend, too!)  

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.  

4 comments:

  1. Popcorn AND a gorgeous necklace? That almost cancels out the mittelschmerz (but not quite, lol).

    Yay for coming nice weather! We had some today, but we are headed for snow again later this week. Mother Nature may have mittelschmerz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know they had a movie together. Clicking over to check it out because mindless is sometimes very very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Trainwrecked" was better, IMHO, but this was OK. It was nice to see Goldie in a movie again, & she's entirely believable as Amy's mom.

      Delete
  3. I am excited to see "Snatched," it's on the girl's night agenda for sure! Even if it's not as good as "Trainwreck" (which I saw no joke, 5 times in the theater, twice by myself because it made me so happy), I love that Amy Schumer. I'm glad you had a good Voldemort Day respite with popcorn and chuckles and your gorgeous necklace...and great weather, too! Hooray for clean windows. We have to do ours, we're basically looking through a fog of pollen right now.

    ReplyDelete