Monday, January 8, 2018

#MicroblogMondays: Some annoying things

  • Missing the last several #MicroblogMondays due to Christmastime busy-ness and not being organized or inspired enough to write some posts in advance. 
  • Not being able to go outside without donning a heavy coat, scarf, hat, gloves and klunky boots. :p  (And then tracking melting snow & salt onto the tiles of our condo's entryway.) 
  • Ice buildup in the corners of all the windows.  
  • Getting a bad cold on Boxing Day, and having it drag on... and on... and on... (I still have it, although I did start feeling a lot better late last week).   
  • (REALLY annoying thing:)  Dealing with a visit from Aunt Flo at the same time (after an absence of 146 days, just two weeks out from my 57th (!!) birthday). 
  • Going to the movies & finding that most of the people at the ticket purchase counter have been replaced by automated kiosks that require a debit or credit card. (Naturally, that's just made the lineups for the one or two humans who are still working at the counter that much longer...). 
  • Knowing we have to wait at least another year to see the next Star Wars movie. :(  
  • People who stand in the aisles of the supermarket &/or pharmacy chatting on their phones or to someone with them (right in front of the section where you need to get something, of course...), completely oblivious as you try to maneuver (sp?) around them. 
  • Having too many current & upcoming expenses and obligations to escape the winter to a sun destination, even for a week. :( 
  • Seeing photos on social media of all your friends & relatives who have done it.  :p  
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.  

3 comments:

  1. Yep. I think you covered them all. Can't think of any to add. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sadness. So many things... I think the Holiday Cold hit hard everywhere, I know so many people (myself included) who got sick over the holiday and it just stays and stays and stays. I hope you feel better soon! The salt is a pet peeve of mine, and it's EVERYWHERE. And not being able to get away stinks when you can see what seems like everyone else doing it... We're weird and like to go to cozy cold places in the winter, but I can see the allure of the sun! :) Grocery store phone zombies, ughhhh. I hope this is your last bout with Aunt Flo. What the flippity flap, body? May the days after today be far less annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, those last two hurt!

    Your supermarket/pharmacy chatters remind me of the footpath chatters I encountered on a walk yesterday morning. I'm slogging it up a long hill, they could see me coming, and one woman moves to the side, the other steps off the footpath altogether, and the other stands right in my way and doesn't move, despite having looked directly at me when I was several metres away! Argh. Also, this was really common in Italy too.

    I'm working on a Things I like/Don't like post at the moment, so you have inspired me to try to finish it!

    ReplyDelete