Monday, May 28, 2018

#MicroblogMondays: A few annoying things...

(An occasional series, inspired by Mali!) 

  • Hot, humid weather (already), which meant closing up the balcony door & turning on the a/c.  It wasn't that long ago we still had the heat on. There has to be a happy medium...
  • Getting woken up by construction noise on the townhouse building site behind us, on a morning when I'd really like to sleep in. 
  • Not being able to make summer vacation plans because of FIL's health issues. I am glad we can be here to help, but at the same time, I miss my own family too. :( 
  • The onslaught of photos on social media from the end of the school year (which has already begun, with my friends in the U.S., and will continue through to the end of June with my friends here in Canada...!), reminding me of what I don't and never will have... 
  • Crying during a sad movie/TV show (in this case, a new adaptation of "Little Women" on PBS, which I had PVRd), and feeling tired and drained and melancholy for the rest of the day. 
  • Having to wait another week to find out what happens next on "The Handmaid's Tale." 

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.  

4 comments:

  1. We got hot suddenly here, too.

    I hear you on Little Women and Handmaid's Tale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. The AC went on today for us, too. I tried so hard to make it without, as I love the fresh air and the cool breezes, but the past two days those have been hard to find! :) Lots to be annoyed by, I'm sorry. The end of school is interesting, because you're right -- there's a lot of pictures of kids and last days of kindergarten and school picnics and proms and graduations, and it brings up a lot of the "treasure the days" type posts. If it makes you feel better we still have 3 weeks or so left, and so I'm also watching everyone out west and south end school, knowing I have three and a half hot, humid, sweaty weeks left... Makes me sad for other reasons though. Another school year nearly in the books, time just keeps marching on. I hope this week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you do this, as I copy enough of your occasional series. Next month, on my daily x365 blog, we're doing an entire month of whining and complaining!! Feel free to blog along. Lol

    Yes, boy, can I relate to putting your relationship with your own family behind that of the geographically closer in-laws. Though I meant to say, I think your autumn/fall option to visit your parents might be nice. Or could you go for a quicker visit on your own, and then follow up with a longer one later in the year?

    Yay, you've just reminded me that there is a new episode of Handmaid's Tale. I do hate waiting, though I think I need the week to recover from the trauma of each episode!

    Yes, a happy medium between heat and cold is nice. We were lucky that our autumn worked out well. But winter arrived with a blast yesterday.


    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you about the happy medium!!! We're experiencing it here in California too (though not to the same degree).

    I cried when i saw the trailer for the new adaptation for "Little Women." I cannot wait to watch!

    ReplyDelete