Sunday, June 29, 2008

I survived ; )

The baby shower is over & I survived (as I knew I would). I did just fine, actually. There were a few "ouch" moments (but many more where my eyes glazed over with sheer "when is this going to end" boredom), and I am very tired now, but I came through with mascara intact.

It DID rain & it WAS crowded (& stuffy) inside the house... there were about 50 of us (!), ranging from the baby's 87-year-old great-grandfather to dh's cousin's three-week old baby boy (who slept through most of the commotion around him). But then it finally cleared up just in time for us to take our plates outside for lunch (whereupon we ate far, far too much). SIL & I left around 4:30 (after 3 & 1/2 hours)... we weren't the first or the last to leave, but by then I think we'd both had enough.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, honey, I'm so glad that you survived. You should be so proud of yourself. It is quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you survived the shower, Loribeth. Hope you were able to enjoy a few lemon-filled canoli, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it through alright. =)

    I always took solace at the food table, and if the food was bad, well---that was just insult to injury. I remember at one shower they served those horrible pastel mints as "dessert." DESSERT? I was not amused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think 3.5 hours is quite long enough for a baby shower! Glad you survived. Hope you treat yourself well on your holiday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete