*** *** ***
As I mentioned in my 2019 year in review post, I published 164 posts this past/last year (165, including this one) -- my second-best blogging year ever, in terms of number of posts, second only to 2008, which was my first full year of blogging. :) That's an average of about 14 posts per month. There was not a month in 2019 where I posted under 10 times, and there were two months that had 19 posts each. :)
In addition to posts about childless/free issues, I tried to do a "Right now" or "The Current" post at the beginning of each month, and participated in 47 #MicroblogMondays. I reviewed (or will be reviewing) all of the 50 books I read in 2019, and wrote about news items (usually ALI-related) that piqued my interest. I also wrote a lot about what was going on my life, some of which touched on aspects of ALI/childless/free living -- many about Older Nephew & Niece-in-Law's pregnancy and the arrival of our first great-nephew -- and some that didn't, including aging, (peri)menopause, retirement and condo living.
Here are a few of my favourite/noteworthy posts from 2019, in more or less chronological order (from oldest/earliest in 2019 to most recent):
- 58 -- Thoughts on my 58th birthday.
- End of an era -- The demise of the pregnancy loss/subsequent pregnancy email list, after almost 25 years in existence, that brought me so much comfort after the loss of my daughter.
- So why aren't there more of us? (part 2) -- Why do so few people openly embrace a non-parent identity after infertility?
- "The Right Way to Follow Your Passion"-- Thoughts on an article I read.
- Great expectations :) -- Older Nephew & his wife announce they're expecting their first child! -- with a due date one day off from my own, 21 years earlier (!).
- They went there... -- My disappointment over the series finale of "The Big Bang Theory" TV show.
- Happy retirement, Dr. Ob-gyn -- Saying goodbye to my obstetrician/gynecologist (and his wonderful staff) of the past 21 years.
- The universe is screwing with me, big time -- Pregnant Niece-in-law's first ob/gyn visit is August 7th -- the day I delivered my stillborn daughter, 21 years earlier.
- Social media minefields -- Navigating social media minefields.
- 21 -- Reflections on Katie's day, 21 years later.
- First day of school -- I create my own "first day of school" post for social media. ;)
- #MicroblogMondays: Getting ready -- Viewing our great-nephew's nursery brings on all the feels.
- #MicroblogMondays: "Diversify your identity" -- Thoughts on an article about diversifying our identity in the same way we diversify our investments.
- "If you don't want to have kids, you don't have to want a career instead" -- An article gets me thinking.
- #MicroblogMondays: Introducing... -- Our great-nephew is here!! :)
- Not the grandma -- Finding a balance between helpfulness & intrusion in my new role as great-aunt.
- This is what it's like -- Being a great-aunt is wonderful -- but it's also a reminder of everything we've missed out on.
- #MicroblogMondays: The stocking at the bottom of the box -- A Christmas stocking at the bottom of the box invokes memories.