- The big dump of snow we got yesterday & this morning, and the resulting slushy mess. :p
- People who insist on driving like maniacs on snowy, slippery roads.
- Having to pull our winter boots out of the closet to wear outside.
- Lineups in all the stores (already).
- Getting an email from the airline last night, advising us they've cancelled our return flight home (after spending Christmas with my family) & rebooked us on an earlier flight the same day -- but 3.5 hours earlier. Which will mean getting up & leaving my parents' house early in the morning, instead of mid-late morning, as originally planned. Did I mention that my parents live more than an hour's drive away from the airport? And did I mention my sister & her boyfriend -- neither of them especially great at getting up early -- will be driving us?? Ugh. (We could try to rebook ourselves on a different flight, but there's not a lot available that day -- the timing is even worse for the other flights that day -- and I am sure they are already pretty full. So we're sticking with the flights the airline assigned us, but ugh...)
- From dh: Not having to shovel said big dump of snow/slushy mess (see above). ;)
- Not having to leave the house during bad weather to get to work, etc.
- Underground parking in cold, snowy weather.
- Snow sticking to the tree branches -- so pretty & Christmas-y (even though I know I'll be sick of it by February...!).
- Trying (& liking) a new crockpot recipe last night that I found on Pinterest for easy chicken & dumplings. Perfect on a cold, snowy night!
- The lights on our Christmas tree.
- A bunch of new books delivered to my e-reader at steeply discounted prices via Cyber Monday sales.
- Crossing items off my gargantuan pre-Christmas to-do list.
- Nephew's dog curled up in my lap underneath a cozy blanket when we visited there this weekend.
- Holding our new little great-nephew, and seeing him wearing one of the cute little outfits we bought for him. :)
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.