Reading: I read four (5) books in November (all reviewed on this blog):
- This Particular Happiness: A Childless Love Story by Jackie Shannon Hollis (she & Jody Day discussed the book in a Zoom call for the private Gateway Women community yesterday).
- The Home for Unwanted Girls by Joanna Goodman (discussed at my November library book club meeting earlier this week -- most people liked it & would recommend it).
- Me by Elton John
- Mrs. Tim Flies Home by D.E. Stevenson
- Notes to Self by Emilie Pine
Current read(s): Deciding on the next one!
- No library book club meeting in December. Our January discussion will be about "The Alice Network" by Kate Quinn, which I read & reviewed earlier this year here. It was supposed to be discussed at our meeting LAST January (2019) -- the first meeting I was planning to attend. Alas, there was a heavy snowstorm and all library programs that evening were cancelled. :( A few people were complaining about revisiting a book they'd read last year, but I'm glad we're finally getting another chance to talk about it! (Which reminds me, Quinn's "The Huntress" is also in my TBR pile...!)
- My D.E. Stevenson group will be waiting until the New Year to begin our online discussion of "Mrs. Tim Flies Home," which I recently read & reviewed here. After that, at my suggestion :) we're going to tackle my personal DES favourite, "The Baker's Daughter," which the group last read & discussed some 20 (!) years ago. I read & reviewed that one here back in early 2016, but may do a re-read, especially since it's one I love. :)
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- The Mitford Murders by Jessica Fellowes
- The Whisper Network by Chandler Baker
- The fifth and final season of "Poldark" on PBS wrapped up with a slightly ridiculous finale episode. This season departed from the source material (the books by Winston Graham), and as a result, I found it much less satisfying... but I do still love the characters & actors. Hoping they will be able to reunite the cast in another 10 years or so to film the final 5 books in the series (which take place 10 years after the original 7 novels)!
- Still haven't had time to get into Season 3 of "The Crown"... hoping to watch it all before we head west for Christmas!
- Anyone know if "Victoria" will be returning soon??
Following: Weather reports... lots of warnings/advisories. It was raining this morning, which turned to freezing rain, and is now a snowstorm. Glad to stay safe & warm at home today!
Drinking/Eating: For lunch: leftover fast-fired pizza from dinner at the mall last night: cream sauce, mozzarella, onion & garlic, spinach leaves, chicken & sausage. Yum! For dinner: trying a new Pinterest recipe for crockpot chicken & dumplings, using a can of cut-up Pillsbury biscuits for the dumplings. We'll see how it turns out, but it IS starting to smell good...!
Buying (besides books, lol): Christmas presents (of course). (Time is rapidly running out, yikes!!) Baby clothes & diapers (when they're on sale), for Great-Nephew. :)
Wearing: My Christmas-themed long-sleeved waffle-weave shirts from Old Navy, around the house. :)
Wanting: To see our little great-nephew. :)
Enjoying: The lights of our Christmas tree, which we put up on Wednesday & decorated on Thursday.
Loving: Spending time with our new little great-nephew. (And the dog! lol)
Feeling: Relieved (incredibly so), that our little great-nephew arrived safely and is doing well. Happy that it's Christmastime. :)