Abortion in Canada is legal at all stages of pregnancy, regardless of the reason, and is publicly funded as a medical procedure under the combined effects of the federal Canada Health Act and provincial health-care systems. However, access to services and resources varies by region. While some non-legal barriers to access continue to exist, Canada is the only nation with absolutely no criminal restrictions on abortion. Nevertheless no providers in Canada offer abortion care beyond 23 weeks and 6 days as outlined by provincial regulatory authorities for physicians.
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.
*** *** ***
Other ALI/CNBC bloggers writing about this issue:
- "Grief makes way for rage" (Not a Wasted Word)
- "Roe" (Family Building With a Twist)
- "Infertile and Pro- Legal, Accessible, and Affordable Pregnancy Termination" (Infertile Phoenix)
- "Feeling, nothing more than feelings" (The Barreness)
- "A loss for women everywhere" (A Separate Life)
- "Losses and last resorts" (No Kidding in NZ)