Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Christmastime odds & ends

  • The time until our departure to points west for the holidays is rapidly approaching. I'm happy that almost all of my shopping is done (although I could still use a few more stocking stuffers...). There are things I'd hoped to do (baking, a trip to one of the local holiday markets, a trip to the art gallery where I have a membership, watching season 3 of "The Crown"...) that aren't going to get done now (although some can still be done after the holidays), but I'm not going to fret... the most important stuff is done. 
    • I *am* looking forward to my annual Christmas lunch with two of my former coworkers/office friends, downtown, before we leave.  
  • Little Great-Nephew recently made his first trip to the mall with his mom & dad to see Santa!  I will admit I got a bit teary when the photos popped up on my social media feeds -- AND when I realized he was wearing a Baby Gap outfit I bought for him -- a lumberjack shirt onesie (red & black check) and tiny jeans lined in the same fabric (cuffs rolled).  (He was sound asleep for the whole thing, lol.)  I never had my own photo taken with Santa (not a "thing" back then, especially in the small towns where we lived -- although I definitely got to visit with Santa! & had a few encounters with him that I remember to this day...).  I never got to take my own daughter to see Santa... and I'll never get to do it with a grandchild... but I feel like I got to be a little part of it here. :)  
  • It appears that the upstairs neighbours (they of the thundering footsteps overhead) are moving!  Dh was scanning the realtor listings last week and saw that the unit is listed for rent. I'd say "YAY!" except I know it would be quite possible to find ourselves out of the frying pan & into the fire. Fingers crossed for more unobtrusive neighbours this time around... 
  • Lots of great reading and activity within the CNBC online community recently. Just a few examples:    

No comments:

Post a Comment