- Lying awake at 4:30 a.m. the other morning, I had several great ideas for blog posts. Do you think I can remember one of them?? So.... odds & ends it is for #MM (again)...! ;)
- I watched the #MarchForOurLives protest marches all day Saturday, knowing that some of you were out there in those massive crowds & cheering you on. Got teary, over & over again, listening to those amazing kids -- knowing that mine would have been just a little older than most of them.
- Moment that made me grin: hearing The Clash on a loudspeaker as the march in Washington was getting started. :) The kids are alright! (Wait, that's The Who... well, you get the idea...)
- Dave Cullen, who literally wrote the book on Columbine, has been writing about (& energized by) the Parkland kids for several publications. He spent Saturday with one of the Parkland students, Daniel Duff, and wrote about Duff's experiences at the march for Vanity Fair. My not sure if I should laugh or cry moment while reading it: Duff & a friend pose for a photo with some of the police officers providing security for the march:
- As the boys moved on, one of the cops called after them: “Make sure you use the hashtag #USCP when you share it on Facebook.” The police were out of earshot now, and Duff chuckled and said to Servaites: “He thinks we still use Facebook.” (Kids, right?)
- Dh & I had our annual checkups with our family dr last week, and went to a local lab to get some blood drawn. I took the bandaid off a few hours later & couldn't even tell where the needle had been. The next morning, though, I was in the shower and shocked myself when I glimpsed a huge purple bruise in the crook of my elbow. Normally, I wouldn't think twice about it, especially since it's still long-sleeve weather here (and obviously, I had many, many such bruises while going through infertility treatment...!) but Younger Nephew's wedding is fast approaching -- and my dress has short sleeves. Here's hoping the bruising is gone by then...!
- An update: I blogged a few months ago about switching to an electric/power toothbrush. I've kept it up and so far, so good. Teeth have retained much of that post-hygienist cleaning smoothness, and the stains have been mostly held at bay. The toothbrush head was starting to look a bit dingy, though, so I switched to a new one a few days ago. Removed the old one, & OMG, the GUNK under there...! It was disgusting. (And that was going in my mouth??) Yuck. :p Note to self, need to switch heads more often...!!
- The sun has been shining more, and longer, since the time change (and it's made a huge difference in my frame of mind...!)... but it's still been pretty frickin' chilly out there. Hurry up, warm weather, Younger Nephew's wedding is coming up...
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.