I was tagged with this meme today by Ya-Chun at She Almost Made It!
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was pregnant! (with my daughter Katie, who was stillborn later that summer) I checked my old datebook for what was happening on this exact date, but it was nothing special. The day before (June 9), I had just been to see Dr. Ob-gyn for my triple screen blood test.
2. What 5 things are on your to-do list for today?
Since it's evening, I'll make up my to-do list for tomorrow:
1. Finish proofreading 80+-page document at work. (At least it's not due until Thursday... sometimes we get asked to turn these things around same day, or even same morning!)
2. Attend a farewell luncheon for one of my colleagues, whose last day is Friday.
3. Go for a walk, either on my lunch hour, after dinner, or both. (I've been neglecting this lately.)
4. Remind my boss that she agreed to let me have Friday afternoon off (in lieu of overtime worked).
5. Do some banking.
3. List some snacks you enjoy.
Anything chocolate, of course! Dh & I both love popcorn (used to live on it as students). I also love potato chips (but am trying to watch the salt these days…).
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Start travelling to all the places I've wanted to see.
Buy a (somewhat) bigger house & hire a decorator.
Give some money to family members.
Set up a trust fund for our two nephews.
Establish a memorial foundation in our daughter's name, & give generous grants to our pregnancy loss support group, and local hospitals for infertility & pregnancy loss research & patient services.
Treat all my girlfriends to a spa weekend.
5. List the places you have lived.
(This will be a long list…!)
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba
Toronto, Ontario & vicinity
6. List the jobs you have had.
Drive-in movie theatre concession stand clerk
Antique shop clerk
Waitress (several incarnations)
Home fire safety inspector
Retail sales clerk (also several incarnations)
Credit union teller
Weekend receptionist at a private men's dining & racquet club
Temping as a clerk-typist at a discount brokerage during RRSP season (!!)
Smalltown weekly newspaper reporter & editor
Not sure who hasn't done this one yet! Mmmm... how about Deathstar, Mrs. X, and Dianne? Take it away, girls....!