A big thank you to Busted for tagging me with this award. It's especially nice since it came on a day that I'm holed up at home with AF for company. :p I got up, took a shower & felt so crappy that I called in sick & went back to bed for another three hours. I've had cycles where I've felt much worse -- but there have been too many days that I've soldiered on & wound up in the office bathroom in agony, or with my head down on my desk because I felt so lousy. (Plus, my coworker is in St. Lucia for his sister's wedding this week, & *I* am stuck doing all his work!!) I have been doing nothing all day & it feels good. ; )
The rules of the award:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
10 honest things about me:
1) I like to think I am a very laid back person, but in truth I am a worrywart & a micromanager.
2) My face is like an open book, so I find it very difficult to lie (or at least lie & get away with it).
3) At the same time, I hate conflict & will do anything to avoid making a scene.
4) Even though I feel like crap today, I still feel guilty for not being at work. I was never one to skip school, and I did not try drugs (although I will admit to abusing my share of alcohol, lol) -- in good part because I was certain that *I* would be the one who wound up getting caught while others got off scott-free.
5) I wore padded bras all through high school & lived in terror that someone would find out. (How's that for honesty, lol.)
6) I am guilty (though far from alone, I know...!) of sneaking purchases into the house when dh isn't around so I won't have to explain them.
7) I have a weakness for expensive skin care products & makeup -- Estee Lauder, Clinique & Prescriptives are my favourites. (I have heard Creme de la Mer is divine, but I refuse to try it in case I like it, because it is sooooo much money!!)
8) I am cheap/thrifty in other aspects of my life (which drives dh nuts sometimes). E.g., he wants a new flat bigscreen TV. We can afford one, but I just can't bring myself to buy a new TV when we have a five-year old 32" set that works perfectly well (which replaced a 20-year-old 19" set that was also working perfectly well & is now in the basement).
9) I mostly enjoy my job -- but I buy lottery tickets every week and dream of an early retirement. : )
10) I attend Weight Watchers at Work meetings... but I keep a stash of chocolate in my office desk drawer.
I found it hard to pick just 7 people to pass this on to, when there are so many fabulous bloggers & brilliant blogs out there. I was also trying to pick ones that I haven't tagged before (although I may not have succeeded at that!). So -- Annacyclopedia, CLC, Luna, Pamela Jeanne, Tash, Emily and Mrs. X -- you've been tagged!
Is it Weight Watchers chocolate?ReplyDelete
Thanks, hon! I'm hostage to a two day work program that I'm orchestrating, but when I come up for air, I'll follow on the tag.ReplyDelete
Hope you're feeling better!
Deathstar: Ummm... no?!ReplyDelete
I'm glad I provided a nice distraction. Re: #7 I am SO with you. And for what it's worth, I recently gave in and bought Creme de La Mer, and while it is GREAT, I actually prefer my Christian Dior face cream that was less than 1/3 the cost.ReplyDelete
I'm loving the list you provided! Didn't we all wear padded bras at some point?ReplyDelete
Thanks also for the award. I'm about to travel (again), but when I get back I will do it justice.
Yay for another Muppets fan! What I didn't say on my blog is that when I came home from my night class, my husband was sitting at the computer searching for Muppet show clips in German... so I think he's officially hooked, too! (Is it weird that in German, the Swedish Chef doesn't say "bork"?)ReplyDelete
As for your list- yes, I have an "open book" face, too. My eyes never lie, and even the most out-of-touch person can tell when something irritates me. And, yes, I also pathologically avoid conflict, so much so that I broke up with my best friend and left her house without so much as a true cross word between us. She just made me so angry, and I didn't know what to say, so I woke up in the morning (we were staying at her house over the holidays), packed up my stuff, and left. I just can't deal with the "Big Scene", you know? Still haven't talked to her because I don't know what to say that won't lead to a fight. Sad.
Here's to hoping you get some relief from your friendly visitor soon.
Thanks for the award! Sorry it took me so long to continue the tag! I stole one or two from you!ReplyDelete
Have you tried any of the Origins products? I love their stuff and am a total sucker, too!ReplyDelete
Hope you're feeling better now!
thanks, loribeth! I love your list. I'll have to get to mine one of these days, and soon! many thanks again.ReplyDelete