Monday, December 4, 2023

#MicroblogMondays: Scattered

I feel like my brain is running off in 20 different directions at once  lately.  :p  Too much to do, too many distractions, too little time before we head west for Christmas.  

The Childless Collective Summit is on right now (until tomorrow), and while I've managed to watch several presentations, there are still a LOT left on my watch list.  I'm finding it hard to just sit down and watch, when there are so many other priorities to tend to right now.  Thank goodness for the Pace Yourself Pass! 

My email inbox just keeps filling up, and takes longer and longer to wade through these days.  So many great newsletters I want to read, so little time right now... 

My Christmas cards are stacked in a pile, untouched, waiting to be done. 

I would love to do some Christmas baking, but I think I'll have to wait to satisfy my baking itch until I'm "home" with my mom & sister...  (The Kitchen Aid stand mixer I got at this time last year is STILL untouched!)  

I have ONE book left to reach my Goodreads goal for the year, and I'm ALMOST finished -- but things keep getting in the way...!  (And my brand-new e-reader has been having some sync issues again... grrrrrr....) 

I'm dying to work more on my family tree, fuelled by the results of my DNA test, and my mom's. I've been corresponding with my dad's 2nd cousin about the results and the family ties we share, but responding takes time. 

Current global events are certainly distracting (and concerning). :(  

Plus there's all the usual mundane day-to-day stuff that needs to be done -- the laundry, the housecleaning...  

And I know there's lots more I haven't mentioned here. 

But we ARE getting SOME things done. We still have Christmas shopping to do, but we went to the mall last week (and a few local stores too), and made a good dent in the list. We're going back tomorrow too. Prioritizing dh's side of the family first, since I'll still have some time before Christmas to fill in the gaps for my side of the family once we get to my parents'.  

Dh took it upon himself to shred a big pile of papers this afternoon. It didn't take that long to do, once he started, but it had been sitting there (and growing!) and taking up space on my to-do list for MONTHS now. Glad to cross that one off the list!  

Also this afternoon, we hauled the Christmas tree out of our front closet and set it up. :)  We'll bring the decorations up from our storage locker in the parking garage tomorrow. Just having it up, and the extra light it gives, makes me very happy.  :)  

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here. 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I get it! I just can't read all my newsletters, don't even try to keep up with podcasts (with a little regret), and gave up on Christmas cards some years ago (with a little guilt). I always say that people who think they'll be bored in retirement show little imagination! Christmas shopping was going to be easy for me this year, but something unexpected happened, and now I have two extras to buy for. And it's December already. Argh. Good luck with your to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your post about your unexpected company!! Yikes!!

      Delete
  2. Same! I am so scattered over here too. December is like that every year.

    ReplyDelete