Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's resolutions

Everyone asks whether I've made my list of NY resolutions yet. I always say that I don't have to make a list, because I've made the same ones for so many years now, I don't need to write them down. But for what it's worth, here they are (again...!):

  • Lose weight. (sigh)
  • Exercise more. (And hopefully lose more weight...!)
  • Write more in my journal. (However, I think blogging & message boards have superceded my paper journal...)
  • Read more of the books that have piled up around the house.
  • Tackle some of the clutter that never seems to go away.
A couple of other things I really want to get done this year:
  • Get our passports, & get travelling!!
  • Finally do something with the spare bedroom that was to have been the nursery (get new furniture & linens to replace the old castoffs).
  • Set aside the nephews' scrapbooks for awhile, & start a scrapbook for dh & me (that will hopefully be finished in time for our 25th anniversary in 2010). And maybe (finally) start Katie's, too.
For several years, "Get pregnant" was on the list, followed by "Get pregnant again," post-stillbirth. But that one has been dropped from the list for several years now. With yet another birthday coming up, my ttc years are fast fading into the past. (AF, however, continues to hang around & taunt me...!) There is a certain relief in seeing this part of my life finally fading into the past -- knowing that the course is set & there's no turning back -- although I continue to feel the effects of those years, & probably always will...
My vacation (which began Dec. 19th) is drawing to an end (bah, humbug...). Back to work on Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Dude if a lamo like me can get a passport, anyone can. Plus I know some wonderful adult only resorts...seriously do it.

    As for the rest of the list, I'll inspire you, if you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking of making a "Hubby & Me" scrapbook. We have done some pretty fun things and I have thought it would be neat to compile an album of only pics of Hubby & I together in various places. Ahhh . . . one more thing in my list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your resolution list reads like mine - always the weight, always the exercise, the reading and the clutter . . .

    Familiar refrain, second verse, same as the first!

    Wishing you a lovely year and hopefully the realization of your resolutions to your satisfaction. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your resolution list reads like mine - always the weight, always the exercise, the reading and the clutter . . .

    Familiar refrain, second verse, same as the first!

    Wishing you a lovely year and hopefully the realization of your resolutions to your satisfaction. :0)

    ReplyDelete