Mel, for sending me a virtual Valentine. It's been a very long time since I got a Valentine from anyone besides dh (or maybe my mother, lol). :) I was in excellent company among the four other people she selected at random from her RSS feed to tag with some bloggy love.
Now it's my turn. Happy Valentine's Day to five wonderful bloggers whose posts I always look forward to reading:
* By the Brooke: Dear Brooke, I love your beautiful, eloquent, thoughtful posts about your Eliza, and the ongoing grief of stillbirth. And your photos and stories about your other two adorable daughters never fail to make me laugh & smile.
* Silent Sorority: Dear Pamela, finding your original Coming2Terms blog more than 7 (!!) years ago -- even before I had my own -- was like stumbling into an unexpected oasis in the middle of a desert. So glad you are still writing and speaking out and giving hope to our fellow infertility survivors that a good life can be had without children.
* No Kidding in NZ: Dear Mali, thank you for being such a thoughtful, articulate spokesperson for the "no kidding" life. I really appreciate your steadfast, positive outlook. It's also great to have a Down Under perspective that gently shakes us out of our North American-centricity (if that's a word). ;)
* Mrs. Spit... Still Spouting Off: Dear Mrs. Spit, I am constantly in awe of how you face every challenge that life throws your way with honesty and grace -- from bereavement to health issues, to a work & travel schedule that makes me tired just thinking about it. And you still find time & energy to blog about it all with eloquence and humour.
* A Woman My Age: Dear Deathstar, I so appreciate that although you achieved your dream of motherhood when you adopted your son, you've never forgotten the journey you took to find him, or how things might have turned out differently. I salute you for juggling the midlife sandwich ingredients of career, motherhood, marriage and caring for an aging parent with humour as well as Buddhist zen.
The five of you, consider yourselves tagged. Here’s how it works:
* Choose 5 blogs at random.
* Throw up a post with a sentence about what you love about each one.
* Tell those people to consider themselves tagged.
You can right-click and grab the image Mel made (above left) if you want to add it to your own post.
You can also add a link to your post on the linky list on Mel's blog, which is open until 11:59 pm ET on Saturday, Feb. 14th.
Go spread the love. :)