Friday, February 29, 2008

TGIF...

There are so many things I want to blog about... another 1998 memories post (coming up later, no doubt), the last crappy few days I've had at work (two intense workdays, including staying late both days -- while coming down with a horrible head cold), the winter storm that came out of nowhere tonight, Mel's request for a "Letter to My Body," Calliope's "Day to Remember," plus I need to get cracking on another book tour post... not to mention catching up on so many other people's blogs that I enjoy reading!! It's funny how little things will happen during the day that make me want to immediately open up my blog & post -- a careless comment from a mommy friend that had me wincing, the almost daily sight of a mother trying to shepherd her two pre-schoolers (including a feisty little blond toddler with mittens dangling on strings from her jacket, who insists on doing everything herself) to the daycare centre in our office tower (the woman has the patience of a saint!). Even tonight's storm had me thinking, "Thank goodness I don't have to worry about how we're going to get home in time to pick up the kids."

Which is a long roundabout way of saying it's been a busy week here & I haven't had a lot of time to spend in cyberspace, but I hope to do so this weekend. TGIF!

3 comments:

  1. I figured you must of been busy this week. A plus of being childless is that some day care start charging BIG bucks for every minute you are late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you again - been a "quiet" week for you and was starting to miss you and worry!

    Were you able to enjoy the oscars?

    Glad you liked the "My Body" post - it felt good writing it. Neat campaign.

    Looking forward to reading your "catching up". :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is interesting how often a moment will prompt a mental note about a blog post -- this one more often than others: a careless comment from a mommy friend that had me wincing. Hope your weekend brings you some good wind down time!

    ReplyDelete