Monday, August 3, 2015
#MicroblogMondays: Post-vacation odds & ends
* Got five books read :) & will be writing some reviews shortly.
* Flew home straight into the path of a big thunderstorm that we had no idea was coming. Sometimes ignorance is bliss... We had to circle outside the city for about half an hour before we got clearance to land, and could see some big black clouds & lightning bolts not too far away. Happily, it was a smooth landing & all was well.
* Got home in time to watch the season ender of "Poldark" on PBS Masterpiece. Having read the books & seen the 1970s series, I knew what was coming, but I still bawled my eyes out. ALI caveat emptor!
* I think the show was doubly emotional for me because we are just days away from Aug. 5th & 7th. :( It always seems to sneak up on me, particularly when we've been on vacation.
* And it doesn't help that Aunt Flo arrived this morning, several days earlier than usual. :p
* Dh has gone to see his dad, so I am enjoying some quiet time on the loveseat, readjusting. I always find myself in a bit of a daze for a day or so after travelling, even when it's not a very long flight.
* I have a blog reader full of posts to be read, so it's going to take awhile to catch up. What have I missed??
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here