Monday, March 14, 2016
#MicroblogMondays: Dress shopping
* Deja vu: Walking into a bridal salon brought back happy memories of shopping for my own wedding dress, 31 years ago. And of going to a dressmaker's shop with SIL 30 years ago to be fitted for my matron of honour dress for her wedding to BIL.
* Disbelief: Am I really this old that I'm now shopping for mother of the bride/groom dresses?? And is Oldest Nephew (who is also my godson) really old enough to be getting married??
* Sadness: I will never get to shop for my own mother of the bride or groom dress for my own child's wedding.
* Gratitude: That SIL asked me to share in this experience with her. No, it's not the same thing as being able to shop for my own dress for my own child's wedding -- but it's as close as I'm going to get, and I was happy to be able to share in her happiness, and help her find the perfect dress for this major life occasion.
* Glee: I suppose there are some women who would not be interested in spending the afternoon in a shop surrounded by pretty dresses in beautiful colours and fabrics and bling -- but I'm not one of them. ;) I have very few places to wear pretty dresses these days (let alone long fancy gowns) -- but it's sure fun to look and imagine.
We did find a beautiful dress for SIL to wear, and ordered it.
And then (the icing on the cake of the day) we went to the mall, and found a kick-ass dress for me to wear too. :)
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.