Saturday, May 2, 2020

Reflecting on your COVID-19 experience

Today is National Scrapbooking Day, and even though I haven't scrapbooked a page in well over 10 years (cough)(not that you'd know it from all the scrapbooking supplies I STILL have stashed in my closet & condo storage locker...!)(double cough!), I still follow several of the scrapbookers I got to know & admire during the heyday of the crafting craze.  One of them, Stacy Julian, will be teaching a Facebook Live class TONIGHT on telling your COVID-19 story.  Details on the class (if you're interested) can be found here

In preparation for the class, Stacy included 15 questions/prompts to help scrapbookers think about what they want to include in a small scrapbook about their pandemic experience. It occurred to me that these might make good blogging prompts too. :) 

  • When was the moment you knew this was serious. Where were you and what happened?
  • Looking back now, is there one particular news article or story that stands out to you?
  • What was the first meme that caused you to laugh out loud?
  • What have you observed in your community that has been heart-warming?
  • What has been the biggest change to your everyday routine?
  • How has family life been altered in your home?
  • What have you learned to do because of this pandemic?
  • What change has created the most disappointment for you?
  • What has surprised you?
  • What has not surprised you?
  • What about the future creates feelings of worry or fear?
  • What have you truly enjoyed about sheltering in place?
  • Who or what has impressed you in a positive way?
  • What will you do differently when life normalizes?
  • What memory or moment will talk about in ten years? 

I will think about doing a future blog post to answer some or all of these questions. Let me know if you do too;  I would love to read your answers!

5 comments:

  1. These are interesting questions to think about. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you've come up with some answers of your own... well done! :)

      Delete
  2. I really like this list - I might do a post too. In a few days maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on mine! :) I will look forward to seeing yours too!

      Delete
  3. Love this, great idea! I heard a thing on NPR about daily prompts in your email box: https://www.suleikajaouad.com/the-isolation-journals.

    ReplyDelete