Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Odds & ends

  • It's 7 p.m. and it's almost dark outside... already!! (And the time change hasn't even happened yet...!) 
  • On the bright side, the autumn colours are starting to pop out, and they are gorgeous. :)  I hope they aren't all gone by the time we get back home...! 
  • As I mentioned in a recent post, dh & I are headed west this weekend for a long-overdue and long-anticipated visit with my family -- our first visit since Christmas 2019!  I am SO happy to FINALLY be going -- but also a little stressed. :p  I tend to get a bit stressed before travelling anyway -- what to pack, errands to run before we leave, making sure the alarm clock is et, etc. etc. -- and of course, flying while COVID-19 is still very much in the picture does NOT help (despite double-vaccinations & double-masking!). Send good vibes, please!  
  • A member of dh's extended family has experienced a double tragedy/loss this week. Not really my story to tell, but suffice to say, we had a shocker of a phone call this morning. I know I don't really have to remind people in this community, but tomorrow is not promised... hug your family members and tell them you love them, every day. 
  • Blog housekeeping: New tags recently added for "food" and "my reading life." I've tagged a handful of relevant posts that I remembered and could easily find, but I am sure there are more out there among the nearly 2,000 (!!) posts I've published over almost 14 years... I will tag more as I encounter them!   

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE autumn colours, but we don't get many here in Wellington, a fact I frequently bemoan, so I'm a little jealous.

    I'm sorry to hear of a tragedy in DH's family. Yes, we need to appreciate the people around us, because we never know what's coming. Thanks for the reminder.

    Keeping track of tags is hard! Every so often I add a new one, and it is a bit confusing to find them, I agree. I definitely like the idea of a "food" tag though! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be prejudiced, and of course I haven't travelled much outside of Canada/the northern U.S., but I think fall in Ontario is pretty spectacular!

      Delete
  2. And also, it's dark in the morning much later than my body wants it to be!

    I'm so sorry for what your DH's extended family is going through. Thanks for the reminder to love our loved ones today.

    ReplyDelete