Monday, October 9, 2023

#MicroblogMondays: Grateful

It's Thanksgiving Day (a long weekend Monday) here in Canada. I'm at "home" in southern Manitoba with my parents, sister & her partner, for the first time since last Christmas. It's not especially warm (12C = 54F) -- but hey, it's not snowing either!  ;)  and the sun is shining. Fall colours are still in evidence. Salads have been made, the turkey has been stuffed and is now roasting in the oven (and it sure smells good). There will be a card game later tonight. :)  

I'm grateful to be here. Grateful that our trip here went smoothly. Grateful that my parents (aged 82 and 84) are still hanging in there, and that I can spend some time with them. Grateful for our extended families. Grateful for my dh, and that our marriage has survived loss, infertility and the transition to permanent childlessness (among other challenges...!). 

Grateful for this blog, and for all of you who read it, comment and support me. Thank you! 

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief. I come into this post only minutes after the problems of commenting on the last one, and blogger lets me in! Argh. Technology! (And I'm not even that OLD! lol)

    Happy Thanksgiving! I love your list of gratitude. I'm very grateful you are here, that you write and talk and think about our issues, and that you are such an active part of our community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels so good to marinate in all that gratitude. I am grateful to you for the reminder to notice all I have. And I'm grateful you write in this space!

    ReplyDelete