Saturday, October 9, 2010

30 Posts in 30 Days: Day 27: Your worst habit

Dh will tell you: I'm a pack rat. Not "Hoarders"-worthy, but I do find it difficult to throw things out. Even when I know I need to tackle a certain pile of stuff, it's sometimes difficult to find the time or motivation to tackle it. We don't have a lot of storage space in our house, & stuff tends to pile up because I don't always know where to put it.

I find I do my best deep cleaning/purging/reorganizing when I have a big chunk of time to myself -- but that's not very often. If dh is around (which he almost always is), he tends to hover over me saying stuff like, "Throw it out! How about this? How about that? More! More!" Which raises my contrarian hackles & makes me want to dig in my heels, lol. ; )

I think the mere thought of having to sort through 20 years worth of accumulated stuff, purge & pack it all, is one reason why we haven't moved!

3 comments:

  1. I must laugh as this conversation has occurred here....more than once...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh babe, I feel you on this. Every few years, I can do a big purge, but we have so many boxes of "we may need this one day" in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last sentence. Are you sure you're not living my life?

    ReplyDelete