The book project is going pretty well. To date, we've hauled 21 (!!) liquor store cartons full of books to the Salvation Army. (Plus a big garbage bag full of stuffed animals and a 30-year-old, seldom-used toaster oven that's been driving dh crazy by taking up too much cupboard space in the kitchen.) There are still some books sitting on the floor, but the difference is notable, and it's starting to look much tidier/more spacious down there.
* Aunt Flo is here. Again. Right on schedule. And I feel like crap. :p You would think 43 years of this would be enough? :p I have not been sleeping well lately either, which I understand can also be chalked up to (peri)menopause.
* Looking forward to the day when I can add my books on peri/menopause to the Sally Ann pile. ;)
* It has been pouring rain all through the night and this morning. We've had some sun on & off the last few days, but the weather has not been overly warm to date. Which is good in one way, I suppose, but the in-between-ness is frustrating at times. It's not cold enough to have the furnace on, but it's not warm enough for the air conditioning to kick in too often either. And speaking of not sleeping well -- if I pull up the quilt on the bed, I get too hot; if I don't have it on, at least partway up the bed, I sometimes get too cold. And the towels in the bathroom never completely dry out, so they get musty, and I have to remember to change them more frequently. Bah, humbug.
* Dh & I have been to a couple of good movies lately. Last weekend, we went to see "Tomorrowland" with George Clooney. We didn't have many expectations as to what it was about -- and it turned out to be a kids' movie (Disney -- you think we would have clued in...) -- but we both enjoyed it a lot.
* This weekend, we went to see "Spy" with Melissa McCarthy and a very funny Jason Statham. (Who knew??) Two thumbs up.
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.