- The friend of my mother's who asks, every single time I post a photo on Facebook of Older Nephew's dog, when we're getting one of our own. Honestly, I find it almost as annoying as when we were constantly asked when we were going to have a baby. :p (I wrote about this subject previously, here.) I managed to bite my cybertongue & responded that we're happy just spoiling this little guy -- and that besides, he's going to need some extra TLC once his new human brother arrives in November. ;)
- Speaking of which: Aunt Loribeth's latest purchase, lol (how could I resist??).
- The back I moaned about throwing out two weeks ago is somewhat better, but still not 100%. :p My left knee is (still) giving me grief (it's become chronic), and my left big toe is sore after an enthusiastic pedicurist attempted to remedy the slightly ingrown nail. :p I have been slathering it with polysporin to try to ward off infection. :p Aren't I waaaayyyyy too young to be feeling so decrepit??
- We are soooooo tired of the roadwork in front of our condo (which has been going on pretty much since we moved here 3.5 years ago, & will continue until at least the end of this year). It's a busy major thoroughfare, and traffic is down to one lane in either direction. (Not to mention all the dust, noise, pylons...)
- The parking lot/traffic loop behind the building is also a mess. The interlock brick was never properly set, and it's now being replaced with asphalt. Everything's been dug up but no asphalt yet...
- Freezing up at a family party this weekend when several of the women started talking about their fertility treatments. Although dh & I long suspected/understood through family gossip that several of his cousins/cousins' wives had also been infertility patients, this was the first time I'd heard any of them openly talking about it. But by the time I screwed up my courage to say something about my own experiences, the conversation had moved on.
- Most annoying of all: At least two of them said their children were conceived AFTER they stopped treatments (including one woman whose two children were conceived naturally when she was 43 & 45!!). I am happy for them that they got their families in the end -- but of course, wondering how *I* got to be the only one in the family who missed out??
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.