Monday, September 14, 2020

#MicroblogMondays: Small pleasures & annoying things

Small pleasures: 
  • Cooler temperatures & less humidity (finally!) = able to have the balcony door open more often. 
    • (Annoying thing: ...but also more grey skies/less sunshine.) 
  • The first fall colours beginning to peek out on the trees. 
  • Lots of great hair days since we resumed getting haircuts in July. :) 
    • (Annoying thing: Hardly anybody witnessing it, since we're mostly at home...!) 
  • New videos of adorable Little Great-Nephew (10 months old this week!) on social media over the past few days: at the apple orchard with his parents, pushing around a walking toy, standing proudly unassisted for a few seconds (before plopping to the ground, lol)... 
  • Starting new book discussions with all of my online reading groups. :) 
  • Lots of great viewing & reading to look forward to over the next few days with World Childless Week

(More) Annoying things: 
  • Having to lecture my soon-to-be-80-year-old mother (AGAIN!) about WEARING A MASK when she goes grocery shopping. 
  • Knowing that, after 6+ months (and now heading into the colder/darker months of fall/winter), we're still nowhere near done with COVID-19 yet. 
  • Not being able to think up anything more original for #MM this week. ;) 

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.  

5 comments:

  1. YESSS to the change in the weather! My heavens, it was DISGUSTING in school the one day it was hot and muggy. So much easier to do pandemic school when it's cool and dry! I love when babies plop to the ground. So freaking cute. Uggghhhh to policing the parents... It's so weird how that reversal of roles seemed to happen fast with the pandemic rules. And it's so sobering to think that it could all get worse as we head into fall and winter. Uggghhhh to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Unwitnessed Great Hair Days are such a waste, aren't they? I had one yesterday, and I'm having one again today. (Had my hair cut recently too.)

    As your autumn colours are arriving, I can see my neighbour's fruit tree in flower out my window.

    Don't apologise for the small pleasures/annoying things posts. I like them, especially (but not only) your small pleasures. And aren't Microblog Mondays perfect for posts like this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Small Pleasures & Annoying Things posts. :) Yes, yes, yes to cooler weather. I am sorry you are having to tell your mom to wear a mask. Most of my family isn't taking basic precautions either. It makes me angry and it makes me feel like this pandemic will never end. So... Small pleasures are definitely the big things in life right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a snowstorm here last week and I was so sad we had to close up all the windows. So I can't say I'm with you the cooler temperatures. But I AM with you on the fall colors. Always lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By "cooler temperatures," I mean in the teens/low 20s Celsius (60s/70sF), vs high 20s/30s & high humidex readings. It is definitely too early for snow!! Yikes!!

      Delete