Tuesday, September 13, 2022

World Childless Week 2022, Day Two: Childless and Single

 Day Two of World Childless Week 2022 is all about being "Childless and Single." From the website description: 

You may have met someone who promised you everything and changed their mind, leaving you walking away from the relationship. Perhaps you held onto the dreams of meeting your perfect partner and they never appeared. Maybe you met your match and circumstances mean they are no longer in your life? 

How has being single as well as being childless affected you? 

I was fortunate enough (and I know I'm fortunate) to meet my dh when we were university students. We've been together almost 41 years (!) and married for 37.  But I know not all women find a good partner, period, let alone find one who wants to have children, in time to start a family. 

Since this is a topic that lies outside of my lived experience, I don't have much content on this blog that I can easily point to (although I have posted links to relevant books & articles in the past). I do know that Jody Day of Gateway Women has championed this segment of the CNBC community, and you can search the GW website for related content and resources. The Gateway Women private community founded by Jody, now known as Lighthouse Women, has a thriving sub-group for singles. 

Check out today's content on the WCW site, including community members' contributions and two free, live webinars related to this subject. Both will be recorded and later uploaded to the Day Two page for anyone who cannot make the live event: 

  • The first, at 4 a.m. Eastern Time (!), is on "The disenfranchised grief no one is talking about" (i.e., being single and childless), with Penny Rabarts of Australia, Bibi Lynch in England, and Naomi Geidel in Thailand. 
  • And at 2 p.m. Eastern Time, Kate Kaufmann, Sarah Bradley, Juli Angelis and Yael Wolfe will be chatting about "Boosting our confidence as childless singles." 

No comments:

Post a Comment