Monday, April 1, 2024

#MicroblogMondays: Easter goodies

We spent this past Saturday of the Easter long weekend at BIL & SIL's with the nephews, their wives, and Little Great-Nephew and Little Great-Niece. It was a very nice day -- busy and chaotic and a whole lot of fun. Lots of food and lots of laughs. 

(We spent yesterday/Easter Sunday recuperating!  lol -- There were a lot fewer emails in my inbox over the weekend, and I was happy for the chance to catch up on those, and on my other reading!)  

I will admit to a moment or two of wistfulness, looking at those two tall, kind, handsome young men (where have the past 35 years gone??), and their two beautiful children, knowing they're not my kids or grandkids -- and knowing that that is something we'll never have. I'll never be a mom, or a grandma. But I do get to be an aunt and a great-aunt. (And I've been able to dote on these kids in a way their other aunts & great-aunts, preoccupied with their own kids & grandkids, never have and never will.) That is pretty special too!  And I'm very grateful that BIL & SIL, and now the nephews, have almost always, right from the start, included us in their special holidays and celebrations. 

Two standout moments made the day extra-special for this very proud great-auntie: 
  • Among the stuff in the goodie bags I brought for LGNephew & LGNiece:  they each got a headband with bunny ears from the dollar store. :)  I was a little worried that LGNephew might think that was "for babies" -- he's gotten SO grown-up since he started school last fall! -- but he was THRILLED!  (And so was I!)  "BUNNY EARS!!"  he shouted gleefully as he pulled them out of the bag, and immediately put them on -- AND let me take his photo! :)  
  • LGNiece was wearing the Easter outfit I'd bought for her and included in her goodie bag for Valentine's Day. She looked adorable. (Of course she'd look adorable in anything, right?)  You can see part of the outfit in the photo below.  

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.  

Little Great-Niece, age 13 months. :) 
Easter ensemble courtesy of Great-Aunt Loribeth. :)
(If you look closely, you can see little bunnies & carrots on the skirt. 
There's also a bunny on the front of the shirt.) 

1 comment:

  1. I adore the relationship you have with your LGNs. That pic is so cute, and I love knowing that the bunnies and carrots are courtesy Aunt Lori.

    ReplyDelete