* It's Thomas's 10th birthday (see my recent post), and I am thinking of Msfitzita today. Early Sunday morning, she & her dh reached their goal of 10,000 RAK pledged for today in Thomas's memory!
* This story appears on the front page of today's Toronto Star.
* We can never have too much kindness in the world -- so you are still welcome to join in!
* Thank you for your sympathy on the loss of my SIL's mother last week. The three grandchildnren -- our nephews and their cousin (their only living cousin) -- spoke briefly at the funeral. I sobbed as those two tall, handsome young men stood in the pulpit (even more handsome in their suits and ties and clean shaves) -- as Older Nephew spoke, and his younger (but taller, lol) brother put his hand on his shoulder in a gesture of solidarity and comfort -- and I thought my heart was going to burst with auntie pride. (And I told them so later, as I hugged them at the cemetery.)
* The weather was awful on Tuesday, the day of the visitation (of course). It was snowing as we got to FIL's house to pick him & stepMIL up, and still snowing -- wet, slushy snow -- as we left the funeral home for the trip back. Dh decided to take a slower, more roundabout way home vs the main highway, which had already been slippery. It was the afternoon rush hour and the slower route, combined with the weather, turned the usual 40-60 minute trip into a two-hour drive by the time we dropped off FIL & stepMIL and made our way home. By the time we got to their house, the snow had turned to freezing rain. There was ice forming on the windshield wipers, and so the windshield was not being properly cleaned, making it difficult to see. Scary stuff, but we made it home in one piece.
* There was not one day in February where the temperature was above 0C/32F. And most days, it was in the negative double digits. :p We finally cracked 0C for the first time in well over a month last week, and the last few days have been sunny and milder. Still hovering around zero, but milder. Progress??
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.