Thursday, October 11, 2018

Thankful

This should have been my #MicroblogMonday post, since Monday was Thanksgiving here in Canada. But the day/weekend went by far too fast. Of course, gratitude should be a 365-day-a-year thing -- so in the ongoing spirit of Thanksgiving, here are a few things I am thankful for right now:
  • Family -- his, mine & extended. :) Besides my parents & sister (as well as Parents' Neighbours' Daughter and the Little Princesses), I got to see my aunties (my dad's two sisters) & a cousin I haven't seen in several years while I was out west. None of us are getting any younger, and I cherish the time we can spend together. 
  • Being able to spend Thanksgiving with my family, for the first time since we were married 33 years ago (!). (I was actually home in both October 1998 & 1999 for my grandparents' funerals :(  but my grandfather died after Thanksgiving, and turkey dinner was not a priority while we were planning & assembling for my grandmother's funeral.)(Besides which, we were in Minnesota, where they don't celebrate until late November...!) 
  • Spending precious time with my aging parents, and being able to lend a hand around the house & yard. 
  • Seeing the Little Princesses, spoiling them with cute new clothes I had fun picking out for them (and then seeing them wear some of what I'd bought), and celebrating the Littlest Princess's 4th birthday. :) 
  • Getting to see Paul McCartney in concert -- and WITH my sister (reliving our teenage years...!).  :) 
  • Having a computer expert in the family (my sister's partner) that I can call on anytime for tech support. :) 
  • Dh. (He's not the best traveller, and I am also thankful that our travel experience this week went relatively smoothly...!) 
  • Being retired early and still being able to live a comfortable lifestyle. 
  • Our lovely condo & all its comforts. 
  • Shelves full of books to read. :) 
  • Being on track to meet my Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge goal. :)  
  • Getting to wear capris and sandals for one more day, thanks to balmy temperatures. ;) 
  • Gorgeous fall colours starting to emerge. 
  • Good friends, in real life and in the computer. :) (Thank you all!) 
  • The good fortune to be born and to spend my life in the best country in the world. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment