Monday, June 24, 2019

#MicroblogMondays: Annoying things

  • Yet another overcast day with rain in the forecast (after three consecutive weekend days of clear skies & sunshine). 
  • Noticing spots that I've missed on my freshly washed balcony doors/windows. (But it still looks better than it did!!) 
  • Ongoing construction & roadwork both behind & in front of our condo building. (Will it ever end??) 
  • Hot flashes (with increasing frequency), especially at night... I get so hot & kick off the covers -- then I freeze.... lather, rinse, repeat... 
  • Not being able to sleep when I'm very tired and desperately want to. 
  • Listening to BIL & SIL argue the merits of a granddaughter versus a grandson (when I will obviously never get to have either). 
    • Knowing the debate will be settled this coming weekend -- at the gender reveal party! 
  • Very few people posting photos from my high school class's 40th (!!) reunion have included captions that identify who's who!!  I recognize quite a few faces, but not all of them, and I'm sure I'm not alone. (Apparently the nametags were much appreciated by those who attended, lol.) 
  • Not being able to come up with a more original post for this edition of #MicroblogMondays. ;) 
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here

3 comments:

  1. All of that stuff sounds frustrating. Summer construction season is going on here too and it's absolutely irritating. I'm never sure if I dread summer construction or winter snow more! I am SO with you on the weather - it feels like the sun has been rather scarce lately with too much rain. Hoping for more sunshine soon. Hot flashes are awful as well.

    Not sleeping is no fun - I sometimes feel like the more I need to get to sleep, the more my mind goes "sleep? Nah, I'm more in the mood for some anxiety/boredom". Here's hoping you're able to get some better nights soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very frustrating things. The hot flushes and not sleeping even when you are tired are horrible. And I'm annoyed that your BIL and SIL don't have a bit more sensitivity towards you and DH. Grrrr. So sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all annoying things, but especially the BIL/SIL argument. Grrrr.....

    ReplyDelete