Monday, June 3, 2019

#MicroblogMondays: How I know it's (FINALLY) spring/summer


  • Mild enough that we can have the balcony doors open. 
  • Turned on the air conditioning for the first time last week. 
  • Landscapers making a lot of noise outside -- mowing the grass, trimming the shrubs, mulching the flower beds & planting flowers, etc. 
  • Wore capris & sandals for the first time last week (yay!). 
  • Went for a pedicure (after having a good look at my sockless feet -- yikes!!). ;) 
  • Already been out for gelato several times over the past few weeks. 
  • Booked flights to see my family in July. 
  • Hockey is ALMOST over with (!!). 

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here

8 comments:

  1. I love this time of year for the convergence of:
    * open windows
    * flip flops
    * pedicure

    And it all happens around Mel's birthday. WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that feeling that summer has actually arrived. Especially when it has been eagerly anticipated. We've been thrown into it the last week or so. I can't fathom going from freezing temperatures one month, to temps in the 30s (C of course) the next. I hope it is more gentle for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of that sounds like great stuff (particularly the gelato and pedicure!). Booking flights is always a good feeling - I hope you have a good visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Currently eating breakfast with the windows open listening to the birds chirp and the sounds of lawn mowers and such. Such a peaceful feeling. So glad you are enjoying this wonderful time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha air conditioning- the heat was on in our house last night! Your building must be better insulated.

    My garden is looking wonderful which tells me it is really spring even though I have only worn a t-shirt twice. I think most of my plants have enjoyed the cooler weather even if I'm a bit over it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we switched from heat to a/c, but it sure hasn't needed to run much lately...! :p

      Delete
  6. That's exciting! the warm weather approaching and a trip on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yessssss! Open windows, birdsong alarm clocks, fireflies, sandals, flowers! Woooo, spring! It's also been pleasantly not very hot or humid so far (knock on wood), which I hope bodes well for a good summer that doesn't make me want live in the refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete