Monday, November 23, 2020

#MicroblogMondays: Small pleasures & annoying things

Small pleasures: 
  • The first real snowfall of the year (all day yesterday) & how pretty it looks, sticking to the trees. 
    • Also: Not having to shovel it, or commute in it!  lol 
  • New, Christmas card-worthy photos on social media of a rosy-cheeked Little Great-Nephew, bundled up and getting pulled through the snow in his new sled (birthday present) by his parents. 
  • Three Zoom calls on Saturday (!!), almost (but not quite) back to back to back, all with fun & interesting groups of people. :)  
  • The first Skype call with my parents in a long time on Sunday afternoon. (Long story as to why we haven't done it lately...!) 
Annoying things: 
  • How dark it gets by 5 p.m. these days (& we haven't even reached winter solstice yet...!). 
  • How few books I've read so far this month. (I still have another week to go, though...!) 
  • My high school class announced on our Facebook Group page that the usual class Christmas party in our hometown is moving onto Zoom this year (eeeeeekkkkkk!).  Do I RSVP yes or not?? (I doubt I'd be missed if I didn't attend... on the other hand, I'd probably surprise a few people if I did...!  I haven't been to one of our reunions since 1989!)
    • (I told dh I'd wait & see if any of my friends were going -- does that sound like high school or what??  lol)  
  • Rising COVID-19 cases and new restrictions, both here in Ontario and in my home province of Manitoba. :(  
  • COVID-19 test & bloodwork on Wednesday, hysteroscopy and d&c on Friday. (Assuming non-emergency/diagnostic procedures like mine don't get cancelled before then, because, COVID.)  And then the wait for the results! 

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.  

5 comments:

  1. All the benefits of a snowfall, without the inconveniences. How perfect!
    And I'm sure you've still read more books this month than I have, despite my holiday!
    Good luck on Wednesday, and Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to beautiful snowfalls and quality conversation time with friends and family!! <3

    As for how dark it gets so early these days... Wow. This is the most rural I've ever lived and I have never seen it so dark before in my life. The stars are incredible though.

    Today is already Tuesday so I'm glad this week is moving right along so your appointments can happen and you'll get things done and taken care of. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. We woke up to a winter storm and I DID get to shovel and commute (to the store) in it! I like your way better, lol.

    Even though it can be too much, I'm a big fan of my Zoom calls <3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a firm believer that if it's going to be cold, there should be snow. Love the snow! We cleaned out the other side of the garage just in time, it's glorious not to have to scrape a car in the morning. The darkness... Amazing how fast that happened. It's cozy and I feel like it extends the evening, but it also shortens the afternoon. I do love seeing the sunrise though because it's later in the morning. Only a few weeks and it will be lighter every day! Huzzah to enjoyable Zoom calls. A reunion on Zoom sounds...interesting... I can't wait to hear if you go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a firm believer that if it's going to be cold, there should be snow. Love the snow! We cleaned out the other side of the garage just in time, it's glorious not to have to scrape a car in the morning. The darkness... Amazing how fast that happened. It's cozy and I feel like it extends the evening, but it also shortens the afternoon. I do love seeing the sunrise though because it's later in the morning. Only a few weeks and it will be lighter every day! Huzzah to enjoyable Zoom calls. A reunion on Zoom sounds...interesting... I can't wait to hear if you go!

    ReplyDelete