Monday, March 1, 2021

#MicroblogMondays: Annoying things & small pleasures

Annoying things: 
  • A return to colder temperatures (including strong winds/windchill factor) after a relatively milder period. I guess March has decided to come in like a lion (vs a lamb, as the old saying goes...).  
  • The painfully slow rollout of COVID vaccines here.  :(  
  • My shaggy COVID hair.  :p  
  • Not having any other ideas for a #MicroblogMondays post this week.  :(  ;)  
Small pleasures: 
  • February is over!! 
  • A brief, masked visit with Little Great Nephew (and, oh yeah, BIL & SIL too, lol) on Saturday night -- our first in two months (since New Year's Eve). 
  • I've read 12 books over the past two months, which is pretty good for me these days... 
  • Spaghetti rapini agli e olio from our favourite local Italian restaurant on Saturday (with wine!), easy crockpot chicken & dumplings yesterday -- and leftovers of both for dinners this week. :)  

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here 

3 comments:

  1. I love these miscellaneous =ve/-ve posts, so don't ever apologise for them!

    12 books is impressive. I've only read five, but just started a trilogy which I hope will boost my total!

    Mmmmm - the food sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The = was supposed to be a +, but I guess you figured that out. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you got to see LGN!

    Now I want some Italian take out.

    ReplyDelete