Friday, August 27, 2021

Friday odds & ends

  • Dh & I had haircuts back in our old community this morning. I was starting to feel a little shaggy -- it's been 7 weeks since our last cuts (we couldn't get appointments for when we wanted them last week) -- but hey, what's 7 weeks versus 17, right??  Amazing what a little perspective can do for your mindset, lol.  ;)  
    • We made a stop at the cemetery, where this time ;) our only companions were a huge (and annoying) flock of Canada geese. 
    • The area around the cemetery -- once farmers' fields -- is starting to fill in with dense new housing developments, with rezoning signs indicating there will be more to come. The road will soon need to be widened to accommodate higher levels of traffic. I suppose it's considered progress, but I will miss the way it used to be -- the feeling of heading out for a drive in the country.   
  • Remember how thrilled I was to score tickets to "Hamilton" for May 2020?  And my disappointment when the run was cancelled after just a few weeks (well before May), because of COVID-19?  :(  I got an email recently that "Hamilton" will be returning to Toronto -- and because I let the theatre hang onto my money thus far, I will get first dibs on tickets once they go on sale again. The catch is that "Hamilton"'s run won't begin until February...2023 (!). (SURELY we'll be done with COVID-19 by then??)(Won't we?) The theatre's policy is that all audience members must be fully vaccinated, which makes me feel a little better about the prospect.  No word yet on when tickets will become available. It's a start...! 
  • The deadline for submissions to World Childless Week is this weekend -- Sunday, August 29th!  See the website for more information on making a submission based on one of this year's daily themes. You can also participate by filling out a survey on your childless experience and/or taking and sharing an #IamME photo. And you can also enter a draw for some pretty nice giveaways (lots of great books!). 
    • (Once again...!) I haven't been able to think of anything to submit for WCW that I haven't already written about here on this blog  :p  so I most likely will not be participating that way. But I am happy to promote the week in advance and while it's going on. :)  Expect to hear more about WCW here during the week of Sept. 13th!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. I did some WCW writing on the weekend, but nothing extraordinarily new - it's all in the packaging I think! It'll turn up on my blog.

    Glad you got your haircuts. Meanwhile I'm wanting my hair to keep growing, though it has passed the most awkward phase now, thank goodness.

    Who knows what 2023 will look like? But hopefully it will have you at Hamilton, and me travelling. lol

    ReplyDelete