Monday, August 30, 2021

"Emily of New Moon" by L.M. Montgomery (re-read)

My L.M. Montgomery Readathon group on Facebook just finished our summer reading & discussion of "Emily of New Moon." (Here's my original review from my first readthrough of the book, before our discussion began.) 

I hadn't read this book in many years, and to rediscover it together with a community of extremely knowledgeable Montgomery fans was an absolute pleasure, and brought back many memories. The Readathon group, with new discussion questions, supplementary material and videos of chapter readings by participants posted two or three times a week, has been a bright light for me in the darkness of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the hosts are committed to keeping it going until we're done with COVID (hopefully beyond!). 

If you love Anne Shirley, give Emily Byrd Starr a try!  

My original Goodreads rating of this book still stands -- 4.5 stars, rounded down to 4.  

Starting Monday, Sept. 20th, we'll be reading the next/second book in the three-volume Emily series, "Emily Climbs." You are welcome to join us

This was Book #43 read to date in 2021 (and Book #5 finished in August), bringing me to 119%! of my 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge goal of 36 books. I have now completed my challenge for the year, and am (for the moment, anyway...!) 20 (!) books ahead of schedule. :)  You can find reviews of all my books read to date in 2021 tagged as "2021 books." 

No comments:

Post a Comment