- Live chatting during the Olympic women's eights rowing event on Thursday night with my New Zealand penpal of nearly 45 (!!) years. And thinking about how we never could have imagined doing this when we started writing to each other as teenagers back in 1977!! (Our Canadians won gold; the Kiwis took silver.)
- 14 Olympic medals for Canada so far... 13 won by women!!
- Spending a leisurely Saturday afternoon with family -- including BIL & SIL, both nephews, their wives, Little Great-Nephew AND the dog!
- Getting a big hug from Younger Nephew (whose birthday we were celebrating) for the first time since the pandemic began. Kleenex was required. :)
- Clear blue skies, cooler (but still pleasant) temperature and no humidity this morning!
- A long weekend Monday (even though every weekend is a long weekend when you're retired...!).
- People in our building who ignore the posted signs that masks are required in all common areas, including hallways, elevators and the parking garage.
- Too many hot & humid and/or overcast (but still humid, or drizzly/rainy) days lately.
- Too much time spent online and not enough on reading books lately.
- A bruise on my left forearm -- and I have NO idea how I got it...!
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.