Monday, April 17, 2023

#MicroblogMondays: Annoying things & small pleasures

Annoying things: 
  • After several days of (admittedly unusual/unseasonal) warm temperatures and sunshine, back to dull grey skies, rain and chillier temperatures this morning (and possibly even some snow tomorrow...!). 
  • How filthy the windows of our condo are...!  (They likely won't be washed for another month or so -- although I could get out on the balcony & wash the windows there myself if the weather is nice enough.)(Those ones are my responsibility anyway.)   
  • The (false) perception that we're done with covid. (Spoiler alert: we're not.)  
  • Learning that Spotify will be shutting down Heardle after May 4th (after buying it less than a year ago!).  
  • BIL recruiting dh to help him with some heavy yard work yesterday (when he has two adult sons living nearby who are bigger, stronger and 30 years YOUNGER than dh...!). (Also, dh's allergies have been acting up ever since then -- he's been sneezing like crazy.) 
  • Not being able to come up with a more original post for #MM.  ;)   
Small pleasures: 
  • A weekend packed with Zoom calls with online friends, including some longtime blogging friends.  :)  
  • Finishing Bono's memoir (long, but good) and starting the next/third Louise Penny mystery. :)  
  • Reading with a cup of tea at hand.  :)  
  • The takeout soup from our local supermarket for lunch. :) They always have at least 12 different varieties on hand, made fresh daily. I'm not able to eat all of them, because of my tomato allergy, but I'm especially partial to their chicken with rice, Italian wedding soup and broccoli cheddar.   
  • The prospect of spending several hours with Little Great-Nephew tomorrow while his grandparents attend a lengthy medical appointment.  :)  

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here

3 comments:

  1. Good list!
    Oooh, broccoli cheddar soup sounds good. I think I made a broccoli blue cheese one (for a dinner party) once that was delish!! And I have to look up to see what Italian wedding soup is. Sounds intriguing. Now you've got me thinking about soup - especially as we come into winter. ;-)
    Zoom chats are always lovely!
    There is talk about a potential fourth covid wave here, simply because it is coming into winter. Grrr.
    Instead of cleaning windows, I just wait for the next storm! lol (I'd need scaffolding to be able to wash some of our windows.)
    And I feel your frustrations about #MM posts - I resorted to a type of miscellany this week too.



    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooo to the dark grayness after all the sunshine! I don't mind the cooler temps though. And the rain made everything explode into leafy greenness here, which is more than welcome! Ah, window washing. I feel like I might wait until the bulk of the tree pollen is done, otherwise they will just turn yellowy green right after! :) Mmmm, reading and tea. And Zoom chats with friends! Ugh. COVID is definitely not gone. Enjoy the time with LGN!

    ReplyDelete