Monday, April 24, 2023

#MicroblogMondays: Things I don't like

(Stealing/"borrowing" an old topic from Mali!  :)  -- a slight variation on my usual "annoying things" posts...) 

  • Days (like today) when the sun doesn't shine. :(  
  • Coconut. (Was it Mel who once asked whether we're fans?  I'm afraid I'm not...!  Although I will tolerate it as part of the base for nanaimo bars...)  
  • Nuts in cookies. 
  • Mushrooms. (I like mushroom flavouring -- e.g., cream of mushroom soup in casseroles, etc. -- but I dislike actual mushrooms (especially the canned ones!) -- there's something about the squishy texture (shudder)...!) 
  • Rap/hiphop music. 
  • Horror movies. 
  • Most drivers hereabouts (lol).  
  • Feeling tired (even though I got a fairly decent night's sleep). :p  
  • Cleaning the shower cubicle (albeit I do like the results, very much!).  
  • Scented products. (I do like wearing perfume occasionally, albeit I don't do it very often these days, because so many people are scent-sensitive. And I do like using using certain essential oil blends in my diffuser. But generally, I try to avoid strong scents in my personal care, laundry & cleaning products.) 
  • Breaking in new shoes. 
  • Having my bangs grow to the point where they're constantly in my eyes. :p 
  • Certain politicians. ;)  
  • Not being able to come up with something better for this week's #MM.  ;)  
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here

3 comments:

  1. Good list! I love coconut, but I'm with you on horror movies, cleaning the bathroom, politicians, blogging-block, and definitely definitely definitely breaking in new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was me on the coconut thing. And then everyone said it felt like eating grass :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with 10 things on your list. I'm good with coconut, don't mind new shoes, don't have bangs, and don't dislike the drivers where you are :-)

    ReplyDelete