Monday, September 21, 2026

#MicroblogMondays: Seriously, CNN??

I was tickled to learn (via social media) that CNN International had featured a five-minute segment about World Childless Week (!) late last week, and interviewed WCW founder Stephanie Joy Phillips, who gave some very articulate answers to the interviewers' questions in the brief time allotted.  So wonderful to see WCW, and childlessness generally, getting such a prominent platform, and reaching such a huge potential audience! (although I am not sure whether the segment was shown here in North America?).

HOWEVER!!  (and content warning, should you watch the video):  Stephanie's words were undercut by a flow of visuals over her responses... a stream of close-up pregnant bellies and babies!! (Yes, really!!)  

I found this HORRIBLY distracting and wince-inducing (not to mention jaw-dropping...!)  -- and I'm 25 years out from my last fertility treatment. I can't imagine someone just new to childlessness -- perhaps fresh off their last fertility treatment, or a miscarriage that proved to the final straw in their ttc journey -- being able to sit through that!  I mean, seriously?? 

That said, here's the link, if you'd like to watch!  

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here

No comments:

Post a Comment