I was touched when reading the comments on my last post to learn that Cait's Mom had bestowed a Sisterhood Award on me.
I also loved the fabulous poem that she included in her post, by Rachel Barenblat. It's not part of the award, but I wanted to share here it with you too, because it really says it all about sisterhood and our adoption/loss/infertility blogging community, in particular.
One by one
every woman I know
it happened to me
my best friend
four times in a row
before the baby came
I even knew
over six years
and then children
healthy and perfect
just keep breathing
in and out
around the stone
I’ve been there
I am holding you
you won’t feel this way
*** *** ***
Here are the rules:
Put the logo on your blog or post.
- Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude and/or gratitude.
- Be sure to link to your nominees in your post.
- Let your nominees know they have received the award by leaving them a comment on their blog.
- Be sure to link this post to the person who nominated you for the award. (Done!)
Ten people seems like a lot at first glance... but then again, it's hard to pick & choose when so many people easily fit the bill! Those I've nominated may have already been nominated by someone else... but I do think they are deserving! :
- Melissa at Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters: The "Den Mother" of the ALI blogging community. Here's to "kumbayaness," lol.
- Pamela Jeanne at Coming 2 Terms: Making magnificent lemonade out of the lemons that life has handed her, her blog is a haven for those of us making the difficult transition to life without children after infertility treatment & loss.
- Irish Girl at Plan B: Family of Two, who is likewise carving out a new life and career for herself, and remaining positive in the face of disappointment.
- Deathstar at A Woman My Age: Talk about attitude & gratitude -- a Buddhist wearing killer red stilettos!!
- Emily at Apron Strings for Emily: Emily somehow manages to find the sunshine, the silver lining in every cloud. Most recently, I've been moved by her posts about her grandmother's passing, & her gratitude for her grandmother's life and example.
- Tash at Awful But Functioning: The very title of Tash's blog brilliantly sums up the babyloss experience. And her posts are awesome too. : )
- Janis at Ferdinand's Gifts: I love the way Janis manages to express her joy & gratitude for her new daughter Lyra and her ongoing grief over the loss of her son, Ferdinand, often in the same well put sentence.
- Mrs. Spit of Mrs. Spit Spouts Off: Eloquence and compassion in abundance. And humour!
- Ellen at Miss E's Musings: Sometimes reading infertility blogs turned mommy blogs can be painful. I still love reading Ellen's blog, not only because her twin daughters are truly adorable, but she has never forgotten what it took to bring them here, or those of us who are still on the hard road of treatment, or taking different paths now.
- and last but far from least, Julia of Life After Infertility & Loss: Julia & I "met" on the Internet nearly 10 years ago, & realized we had both lost daughters, Katie & Carena, on the very same day (August 7th, 1998). Then we both discovered blogging around the same time! We used to joke about being long-lost cousins. I think the Sisterhood Award is perfect for her. : )
Take it away, girls! : )