Friday, May 15, 2009

Today's mail : )

My eagerly-awaited copy of Melissa's Navigating the Land of IF arrived in the mail today. : ) I have already had fun browsing through it.

Unfortunately, a thorough read will have to wait until I'm finished reading The Red Tent, our next Barren B*tches Book Brigade selection, due for discussion on May 25th. :(

Fortunately, this is our Victoria Day long weekend here in Canada, so I will have more time than usual to do some reading. : )

On an ironic, "would you believe" note -- here is a scan of the flyer that came tucked inside Melissa's book.

Not quite as funny as what Baby Making Journey got in her book order (as Melissa alerted us in today's Friday Roundup post on her blog) -- but funny nevertheless, if only in an eye-rolling way. Sadly, my nephews are beyond the kiddie stage & (perhaps not so sadly...) I have no children's birthday parties to attend in the near future. So I'm afraid this flyer is wasted on me, dear Chapters!

10 comments:

  1. Do the people who tuck the flyers in the boxes literally not look at the title of the book at all?

    Yay! I'm so glad it got there. So did it beat the other copy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did! : ) Not sure what I will do with the other one -- perhaps donate it to a friend or to my pg loss support group's library -- there are plenty of people who come to our groups who also have infertility issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a dumb 'surprise' for them to add to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah,the irony..... I'm reading Silent Sorority....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read "The Red Tent" in a bookclub several years ago and loved it. :) I hope you are enjoying it. I'm a first time commenter. I really enjoy your insight and I am sorry for all that you have been thru.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanted to say thanks for your support on my blog. It is very sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously?! Argh, I wanna smack someone. Glad you had a sense of humor, at least a little, about it. I suppose it could have been worse, they could have included condoms...sighs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what, we only get a *peek* of you?!?

    I never even look at that crap in with the books, or half my mail. Oh, and content-generated ads. So many pregnancy ones...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished The Land of IF (terrific) and am re-reading the Red Tent.

    Can't wait to discuss that one with you!

    Lovely review of Pamela's book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a "Mother's Day" email from a place where I had bought a Loss Remembrance Gift for one of my IF friends who had a stillbirth at 36 weeks last year. I emailed them back to point out the faux pas and they did apologize. :)

    ReplyDelete