Mel, for the heads up!
* It's been that kind of week around here...! :p
* The squirrel saga (a big part of "that kind of week around here...") has not yet been entirely resolved. Longer post to come when it is. :p
* Also part of my week: dh's tinnuitis, dental appointments (fortunately, no cavities), and some crappy PMS symptoms, which seem to be getting worse as I get older. :p
* The movie we went to see was "Avengers: Age of Ultron." I'm not hugely into comic books, but we've been to the other Avengers/Iron Man movies, which have been fun, albeit slightly over the top sometimes with all the violence, etc. This one was too (both fun & over the top).
* Slight spoiler alert: You wouldn't expect an ALI plot point to pop up in a superheroes movie -- but, there it was, and it made me cry. 'Nuff said.
* Yesterday was International Bereaved Mothers Day. I tend to roll my eyes at "made up"/Hallmark holidays (but then didn't a lot of holidays begin that way??) -- and the cynical side of me can't quite bring myself to describe myself in terms of my "Mother Heart" (too sappy) -- but I appreciate that someone has made the effort to make us feel special & recognized. Supposedly that other day, this coming Sunday (Voldemort Day, as I like to call it)(i.e., "The Day Which Shall Not Be Named," lol), is for us too -- in fact, if you check the history of the day, it started out that way! -- but it sure doesn't feel that way sometimes...
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.