Thursday, April 16, 2020

Things I’ve learned (so far) while self-isolating

(Borrowing this idea and ideas for a few of the items from a FB friend/former coworker.)  ;)
  • Daytime TV is a wasteland. (OK, most TV generally... but daytime TV in particular.) 
  • I really can watch too much TV news (my girl crush on CNN's Brooke Baldwin notwithstanding...)(and she's been out with COVID the past few weeks too!). 
  • We have 72 rolls of toilet paper in stock (mostly double & triple rolls), which dh estimates will last us into summer. 
  • From a meme I saw, which is totally true:  I thought I would get lots of stuff done when I had more time. I've now discovered that lack of time wasn't the problem. ;) 
  • I reeeeaaaaally don't like it when my hair starts hanging in my eyes, and I really do need a trim every six weeks...!! (sigh...)
  • It's possible for me not to leave the house for weeks on end.  
  • That said -- I really do need to get out of the house more... 
  • Cultivating all these online friends over the past 22 years has really paid off big time over the past few weeks. ;)  
  • That said -- it's possible to be online too much...! & I miss real-life contact with other people. 
  • I may be a boomer, but I am more tech-savvy than I thought. 
  • In a lot of ways, quarantine/self-isolation really isn't a whole lot different than my usual childless, retired life. (Yikes!!)  
What have you learned? 

2 comments:

  1. Many of the same things you've learned. My hair can usually go for two months - it's over that now, and getting way out of shape. And yes - childless/retired/unemployed life is not unlike lockdown!

    I also loved this - "Cultivating all these online friends over the past 22 years has really paid off big time over the past few weeks." That's definitely worked for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned that working from home suits me; I think I'm actually more productive here than at the office, where there are constant interruptions (and the group that sits next to me tends to be pretty loud). I like having my two furry "co-workers" around. Totally agree about the daytime TV; I found that to be so true when I was recovering from fibroid surgery last summer, though at least the Women's World Cup was on then! Getting out for a walk just about every day (during the time that would have been my evening commute), as long as nothing is actively falling from the sky, is really good for my mental health. I seriously miss being able to go to Mass. But yes, for the most part, the rhythm of my days has not changed a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete