Monday, October 24, 2022

#MicroblogMondays: Adult Halloween

A childless-not-by-choice friend (and former blogger) posted this on Facebook this weekend and asked "Is this a thing yet? I post this every year and I'm still waiting for it to be a thing." 

A couple of her (mom) friends commented that they hand out wine to the parents of the trick-or-treaters that come to their door... or they have neighbours who do so (!). I remember hearing about this a few years ago and thinking "Oh, great... one more thing we get to miss out on/get ripped off on, just because we don't have kids!" 

Right?  

But then, when I thought about it... I remembered that on a few occasions over the years, my mom & one of her friends used to dress up on Halloween and go to a couple of the neighbours' doors for some "liquid" treats. In some cases, they were masked and didn't identify themselves -- just carried glasses and a sign, asking to have their glasses filled!  

Has anyone ever tried this (or something like it)? 

Why should parents & kids have all the fun, right?  ;) 

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I like the idea, and love that your mom and a friend did this. It wouldn't work here, but you should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I’ve heard of neighbours handing out cans of beer. I think it’s cool (probably a bit too expensive for me though). And maybe not entirely hygienic with wine? Unless you really know and trust your neighbours. But I’m do like the idea.
    torthuiljourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete