Monday, February 27, 2023

#MicroblogMondays: Waiting...

Younger Nephew's wife is now one week past her due date -- which of course makes me VERY nervous.  :(  They went to the hospital this morning at 8 a.m. to be induced.   

Little Great-Nephew (Older Nephew's son) is at BIL & SIL's house today -- and we are on standby as babysitters. If LGN is still there when they get the call that the baby is here,  dh & I will be high-tailing it over to their house to stay with LGN until his dad (Older Nephew) picks him up after work later this afternoon, so that BIL & SIL can go straight to the hospital ASAP to meet their new grandchild. We likely won't get to meet him/her until tomorrow at the earliest (assuming he/she is born today). (It's probably just as well -- both dh & I have slight colds... grrrr... took a rapid test this morning, and it was negative, but still...!) 

Dh said BIL sounded like he expected the baby to be here by 8:15 this morning. (Major LOL.)  (It's now 10 a.m. as I type -- no news yet.)  He should know better;  Older Nephew arrived after an induction, and I think LGN did too? --  and it took hours. In Older Nephew's wife's case, it took all day -- and both pregnancies ended with C-sections -- hopefully that won't happen today...!  BIL is already incensed because he wanted to be RIGHT THERE in the waiting room when the baby is born, but they told him he's not allowed. They were able to be there when LGN was born, but I imagine protocols have changed since covid, etc.  

Please keep our family in your thoughts today. 

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here

*** *** *** 

Update, Monday night:  We have a new GREAT-NIECE!!  More to come, possibly tomorrow.  :)  

5 comments:

  1. Needing to be induced and then having a c-section sounds rough. I hope this time everything goes smoother for Older Nephew's wife. And saying a prayer that baby will arrive safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was biting my nails, and saw your update! A GREAT-NIECE! How exciting. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well! :) We may try to go see them tomorrow. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad I came in and there was an update already. One of each - how fun! In the end, she came reasonably quickly. BIL made me laugh though. 8.15 indeed! lol Wishing everyone the very best.

    And holding you (and your DH) in my heart, because I know there will be mixed emotions with a little girl arriving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news! So happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete